Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Beginning!

Anirudh was born on March 29, 2004 at 5:54 PM after approx 6.5 hrs of labour. We had a normal but a complicated birth. But as they say "All is well that ends well!" and we became very happy and proud parents of a wonderful baby boy!

Anirudh is our first child. We had him just after celebrating our 4th anniversary. Having him was a completely planned pregnancy, we both had been quite excited from day one. I will call the day one as the day we came to know that we were pregnant! I say "WE" because I feel in the current days, its not a one man show or shall i call it one woman show :D

What I mean is that the fathers are equally involved and interested in day to day development of the baby in the womb and take care of their expecting wives to the utmost extent. Probably more than the mother-to-be! It was true for me. I was a little bit carefree but Anirudh's dad took so much are of me that I have no words for. I was pampered to the hilt.

Sometimes I still tease him that I guess I should get pregnant again to get that kind of pampering. :D
And there are days when I tease him that you pampered not me but the baby! I was just the means! Haha...

July 24, 2003
This is the day we learnt that we are pregnant. It was little earlier than 6 AM. I had hardly slept the night before since mind was buzzing with anxiety mixed with nervousness. So I took the test and only one blue line appeared. The test had said the 2 blue lines will show if you are positive. But for about 30 seconds it showed only one line. I was kind of disappointed and started thinking it was our first try only to have a baby. It takes time and blah blah... And then suddenly I saw the second line appear. First a little faint and then it grew darker. I was so excited. His Dad was sleeping that time. And being so excited I was totally out of words. So I woke him gently and said these exact words "Anu, I tried the test." and I smiled at him. He understood what it meant. We didnt need any more words. He hugged me and we just kept smiling. I don't know for how long. It was almost an hour when we came out of the daze and decided to call our respective parents. It was around 7 am. I called my father. Somehow I just didnt know what to say. This is what I remember of our conversation

Appa : Hello?

Me : Appa Ram-Ram!

Appa : Haan Nidhi! Ram Ram.

Me : Ummm... (Later he told me he had guessed what I wanted to say but he wanted me to say it explicitly).

Appa : Haan beta?

Me : Umm...aap fir se nanu banne waale ho! (My eldest sister had a son already)

I don't remember much after this. What I do remember is that the papa started to congratulate and give aashirwaad and I started to cry. So I gave the phone to hubby (DH from now on). After talking to Appa, DH rang up his parents in Jaipur. At Jaipur papa picked up the phone so after general exchange of "kaise ho?" "theek hain", DH asked where is Mummy. So papa gave the phone to mummy. And then DH told her "Aap Dadi banne waali ho!" She got excited and spoke to DH and me and then papa spoke to DH and asked him why didn't DH tell him the news straight away. Then papa spoke to me and gave me aashirwad and told me to eat well and take care. Then mummy spoke to me again asking me how we got to know. So we told them we ha got a home test and soon we will get it clinically checked as well. And told them that we will let them know after we get the clinical test report. We went to the hospital near our house "Holy Family Hospital" and gave the test. They said report will come in 30 mins or so. So we came back home and had some breakfast and got ready to go to work. Then we went to collect the report and it also confirmed the pregnancy. So we called Jaipur and told them the report. It was quite a happy day for all.

Just a week before all this, we had gone to Pithoragarh, a lovely place in Uttaranchal. It was so beautiful and peaceful. DH had to go for office work so I accompanied him. I got to see around more of the place than he did because he was tied up with work. I had been feeling a bit of nausea now and then the feeling of food coming back up. But I just waved it away thinking it must be the weather and the environment mixed with the rich food we had been having at the various restaurants. But after we found out we were pregnant, I was sure it was all due to the pregnancy.

July 25/26, 2003 (Do not remember the exact date)
Myself and DH Went to the Gynae with the report to take the guidance for future steps. After the usual whats and hows, she prescribed me to take folic acid tablets and what I should include in my diet etc and also wrote a prescription for having an ultrasound (U/S) in the 13th week.

No comments:

Post a Comment