Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Aapne mujhe good job nahi bola?

Whenever Anirudh does something nice or something which I tell him to, I always say "Good Job!" or when he is coloring up or writing alphabets or telling me what is what in his books and if he says it all correct I say "You are doing such a good job!" And he feels so happy hearing it which makes it obvious that he understands that he is being praised.

There would be times when he would be so happy that he would go to his Papa and say "Mumma ne mujhe good job bola!". And now is the situation when he WANTS to hear them every now and then when he is at something.

I don't remember exactly what he was doing, but last week he must have felt that he had done a splendid job and didn't get to hear the magical "good job" words. So he complained to me with a little frown on his face saying "Aapne mujhe good job nahi bola?"

And I laughed so hard and had to actually say "Good job" without knowing what he had done to satisfy and bring a smile on his face.

9 comments:

  1. Little words that matter a lot :)
    Make "good job" your mantra and am sure Anirudh will shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe!! good job Anirudh for extracting your due credit from mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol - Little Anirudh knows how to ensure his due credit - good for him! It's great that you always encourage him when he does something good - it'll go a long way in making him a confident, well-adjusted child. I must remember to do the same with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and innocent. My son (two now) does the same thing - if I sing a song and he tells me the first word of the next line - I look at him and say "Ahh...wow..." esp if I didn't expect him to know. Many times he now prompts me by opening his mouth wide and says Ahh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww sho shweet... Good job Anirudh for reminding Mumma to say Good Job!LOL! Lotsa love,hugs n kisses to him..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah... addicted to praise, huh? That's a good sign. Means there has been a lot to praise so far, is what I'm thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is known as innocence.. He is already setting expectations right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @all : I wonder if one day he will go and ask his teacher to give hm good grades or to say "good job" to him! :P

    What a bully he is becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet is that... he'll put up a fight for what he knows he deserves!

    ReplyDelete